If you are attending the TEDxUniversityofGlasgow event you might find the information below useful.
What time should I arrive?
We recommend arriving at 11.30am to get your seats at the Senate Room. Session 1 will begin promptly at 12pm.
What should I bring?
It is essential that you bring your ticket (either printed or within a mobile app) so we can check you in and issue a name badge. Also, if you have purchased a discounted student ticket, please bring a valid student ID.
How do I find the Senate Room?
There will be plenty of signage on the campus leading to the Senate Room, but you might find these instructions handy:
- Find University Avenue: a sizeable road running from the traffic lights half way down Byres road over the hill
- The main gate is exactly at the brow of the hill, beside a double set of pedestrian traffic lights (See this map)
- Enter through the main gate and bear left along the front of the main building
- Enter by either undercroft, and go up to the Quads.
- Enter and go the far end of the cloisters (stone pillars, roofed over but open to the sides).
- Continue through the glass doors, then find the big staircase through more doors to your left.
- Go up the big stairs one floor and you will be welcomed by one of our team members at the top of the stairs.
Can I arrive late?
Just as you would for a play or show, please plan to attend the full speaker program from 12 – 5pm. You simply won’t want to miss any speakers. With that said, if you arrive late, we will help you find your seat during a pause in the program so that you can enjoy the rest of the program.
For the best possible experience, we encourage you to arrive before 11.45pm to get your seats.
Will there be food and drink?
We encourage you to eat well before you arrive and to plan for any specific food needs that you have, as the event lasts from 12pm to 5pm and you will want to stay energised for all the great programming we have in store for you! We will provide a finger buffet lunch at 1pm and some light refreshments during the breaks.
Use our Event App
We have a designed a special mobile-friendly app that allows you to connect with fellow delegates, speakers, sponsors, comment and rate the talks and learn more about various aspects of the event. Please visit tedxgu.bizvento.com to access the free app. Please note that this app runs in a browser and works on any smartphone.
Where do I get my name tag?
When you arrive, we will scan your ticket and then you will receive a name badge.
What’s the dress code?
There really isn’t one, except that pretty much no one wears ties at TED or TEDx events. Jeans are great and something a bit dressier works too. Personal expressions of style are welcome and encouraged.
A few other important rules:
- We don’t allow photography or audio/video recording of our speakers (or video recording of any aspect of the event, including the breaks). If you have an arrangement with us to cover the event, this rule does not apply to you.
- Laptops and smart phones are not permitted in the first 35 rows. We encourage you to sit at the back if you would like to blog during the event.
- We expect a sold out event. With that in mind, we will need every seat, so we ask that you not save seats for those who will be coming in late.
- Remember, you are on film. We tape the sessions, capture the audience and film during breaks, so you may end up in our TEDxUniversityofGlasgow footage.
- We want attendees to be able to fully take in each speaker. If you wish to have a conversation during the event, please wait until the breaks.
We look forward to seeing you at the event. Come ready to inspire and be inspired!